Hi, students. Welcome to the London-Edinburgh blog! Posting to the blog is simple–just do the following:
1. Put the cursor over “My Sites” in the left-hand corner of the page. A menu will appear.
2. Under “Publish,” you will see “new post.” Just click the “Add” icon. A blank page will appear on which you can write your post. You can also write the post in Microsoft Word and then cut/paste it.
3. To add a picture, just click “Add Media,” which is under the title to your post. It will then allow you to select a picture from a file and insert it into your post.
4. Once the picture is in your post, click on it, and you will see a formatting menus above it that will allow you to wrap the text around it, either by putting the text to the side of the picture (as in this post) or above and below the picture.
5. You can also click the edit icon (the pencil) in the formatting menu, which will allow you to add a caption and change the size and placement of the image.
6. When you are done, click the “Preview” icon (bottom right of the page) to make sure the post looks the way you want it to. Your browser will open the page in a separate window.
7. When you’re done, click the “Publish” icon in the bottom right. Your post will be added to the page.
8. If you want to edit a post later, just go back to “My Sites” and click “Posts” under “Publish.” A list of your posts will come up. When you scroll over a post, you will see several commands, including “Edit.” Click that icon and the post will come up for editing. When you are done, click “Update” in the right-hand menu bar.